Grant Form Application:
What’s at Stake: One grand prize of $5,000; two runner-up prizes of $2,500 apiece.
Who’s Eligible: Writers 21 and older; Previous winners not eligible.
What to Submit:
- A completed application form obtained from the foundation’s website (www.table4.org). Information will include your full name, home address, phone number(s), email address, and title of the entry. In addition, the entrant must explain how the grant will be used to further their work. Identifying information should appear only on the entry form and should not appear on the title page or any other page of the entry.
- Four hard copies of one piece of unpublished prose (fiction or nonfiction) that deals with some aspect of New York City in a meaningful way. Submissions are limited to short stories, essays, and book excerpts. Each entry should be about 4 to 10 pages long, or 1,000 to 2,500 words. The work can be self-contained or an excerpt of a longer work, but must be the work of only one person (no collaborative entries). Submissions must be the original work of the entrant and may not be based, in whole or in part, on any other fiction or nonfiction material, published or unpublished.
- A $10 entry fee (check or money order), made out to The Table 4 Writers Foundation.
Where to Submit: Send by U.S. Mail to 1650 Broadway, Suite 405, New York, NY, 10019. No electronic submissions will be accepted.
The Deadline: Entries must be postmarked no later than Nov. 15, 2014.
Where to Submit:
Send by U.S. Mail to: Table 4 Writers Foundation 1650 Broadway, Suite 405 New York, NY 10019
No electronic submissions will be accepted.
The Deadline: Entries must be postmarked no later than Nov.15, 2014.
- All entries must be written in English
- Submissions will not be returned
- Members, employees, competition judges of the Table 4 Writers Foundation and their immediate families, and previous winners are not eligible to take part in the competition
- Grant recipients will be notified no later than Feb. 15, 2015
- Grants will be awarded at the annual spring event in 2015